The book follows her as she navigates these complex emotions of where she has found herself. In its journey, it touches on themes of connection, community, belonging, culture, and parenthood. It is intriguing to explore what it is like to be in a new city, searching for people to call home.
While I find myself typically drawn to these types of books, I found it difficult to be engaged. I love the premise, but I struggle with the prose, often skimming over the page. It would have been better fleshed out as a short story, as it may have fallen victim to the length of a full novel. The main character also feels a little unbelievable in her thoughts and actions on certain occasions, making it hard to understand and relate to her. However, this is personal preference.While this is my perspective, I encourage readers to form their own opinions about the book. Feel free to check it out and share your thoughts!
- Leo
No comments:
Post a Comment